Thursday 30 December 2010

Tea (go on, go on, go on, go on, go on, go on, go on, go on, go on!)

Resistance is futile

Never underestimate the power of tea. This is mostly what I am learning on work experience (in addition to al that researching/writing/ethics stuff). The Godmother keeps her own stash of teabags in her desk, as making your own is much nicer than drinking the stuff from the rather intimidating vending machine (it has a card-scanner and as such is off-limits to me) and also hot water is free. 

Tea breaks are an essential part of working life (I have now showed up to an office three days in a row and am thus more than qualified to make this argument), especially, I suspect, if you don't smoke. Sitting back and closing your eyes for a few seconds is not nearly as effective in giving your mind a break as wandering off to prepare a hot beverage (and may also get you in trouble if your boss comes round). Tea is soothing, invigorating and warming, and keeps you hydrated to boot! In short, excellent stuff. Thank you, tea, for making another day more pleasant. 

In case you were wondering if I got up to anything apart from all the tea-drinking, I should tell you that I have embarked upon a list the likes of which the world has never seen. Law students with subscriptions will be thanking me for generations to come. 

Also, bing is an entirely inferior search engine. Because I say so. 

I'm afraid that's about as much coherent thought as anyone's going to get out of me until I've slept. Very much looking forward to tomorrow, you may be bemused to hear.

'Night!

No comments:

Post a Comment