Sunday 13 March 2011

It's late

And I'm for bed! I am trying to get back in the swing of this blogging thing, though, so here are some Fun Woking Facts (London shouldn't get all the attention!) to tide you over:

1. The bin-men are rather temperamental. I don't think they like doing the recycling bins (every other week) because they tend to leave ours semi-embedded in the hedge. Judging by the aftermath of bin-day on other streets, they also think pedestrians need more obstacle courses in their lives.

2. There are two shopping centres! One is quite new and fancy, with a food-hall-type thing, but the other is much better because it has a decent-sized Sainsbury's in the bottom. I can pop in before walking home from the station! So much more convenient than city living.

3. There is a Charlie Chaplin-themed kebab shop. Need I say more?

4. I have witnessed occasional outbreaks of Neighbourliness, such as a man walking his dog who always says 'Evening' to me, strangers helping each other with cars in trouble, chatty old ladies and the like. Maybe I spend too much time on trains and the mean streets of London, but this all makes me rather suspicious. The last place I saw people behaving like this was the charming village of Midsomer, and we all know how that ends.

5. There is a fresh fruit and vegetable market, which I will never, ever go to on account of having much better things to do with my mornings and the convenient pre-bagged-ness of supermarket stocks (see above).

6. Apparently, there is a huge War of the Worlds statue somewhere. And also an opera house. I really need to explore more!

7. There is a Nando's, which makes me very happy indeed. It was robbed recently, and a man is appearing in court around now for it. Maybe I should go along and tut disapprovingly at him...

That is all for tonight!

Goodnight (anyone who is still awake)!

No comments:

Post a Comment