Friday 25 February 2011

Work, more work and perplexing politics


This was me for today - lots of notes, lots of phoning people, lots of trying to make articles. Can't wait for it all to be over! I've been feeling quite literally buried of late, and stress doesn't make me productive, it makes me rebellious.

I really can't wait for Monday!

On an unrelated note: I try not to be a politics-pusher (in blogging as in life) and tend to subscribe to a general optimism that common sense will prevail (giving way to black cynicism at times, but let's not dwell on that). However, sometimes I just have to wonder what on earth is wrong with people. (This is happening most mornings at work, as two of the dreaded Dailys have been added to the pile to be cut up. I have to leaf through them incredibly slowly, because it's very difficult to tell the letters from the articles.) I know it would be a boring world if we all thought alike, but I can't understand some viewpoints at all. For example, as part of my research I found The Free Society. Isn't it interesting how often the word 'free' is rolled out to support every kind of political cause? Click around the website and you can learn that action taken against global warming is basically the same as the French Revolutionhealthy eating is a totalitarian plotliterature just isn't offensive enough and smokers are treated worse than terrorists. The site is pretty moderate by internet standards (try Jesus is Saviour for some proper baffling vitriol (I should warn you, it's pretty offensive)) but I am still perplexed. Maybe I'm just an oppressive, tree-hugging, sentimental, interfering, Scotland-loving Leftist fascist, though...

On that note, I'm off to bed.

Goodnight!

3 comments: