Thursday 18 November 2010

Kate Middleton ate my hamster!

No, not really. But she's all over the news with a sparkly great ring on her finger, and people are grumbling about a Royal Wedding in a Time of Austerity, so I thought I'd jump on the bandwagon. I must admit, I have no opinion whatsoever on Kate Middleton. I know a lot of girls like her, and I will probably know even more before my number's up.

Today was another good day at Journalism School. We finished our interviews, so Lady Zorro and I returned to what is now 'our' table in Starbucks and had another chat, then wrote up our interviews. I have to admit, I was a little bit emotional, reading her interview of me. She said such lovely things! Also, she is a very good writer, and even managed to make my ramblings sound intelligent. I tried to take a celebrity interview approach to writing hers up, with random observations thrown in to try to establish some sort of flow. Luckily, Lady Zorro said enough interesting things that no-one is likely to notice. Also she's lent me a copy of number9dream, by David Mitchell (the guy who wrote Cloud Atlas, not the comedian), which I've wanted to read for a while. That's next on my list after I finish the Millennium trilogy, and if you're very lucky, I might even review it.

After we'd written our interviews up, Mr Hack read out our Dark Secrets, which he'd collected yesterday, anonymously, and made us guess whose was whose. Mine seemed incredibly tame compared to everyone else's - I think I'm just not as honest as them, I didn't want to put anything really bad (not that I have any truly awful secrets!). I can't believe Blondie (I'm still sticking to the rule of not thinking for more than 5 seconds about these aliases) ran over her cheating ex-boyfriend's new surfboard! Good work that woman.

We also chose the editorial team for the class publication we'll be making. I didn't volunteer for any of the big roles - I want my contribution to be lots of content, not lots of nagging, which is going to be required at some point, I'm sure. Superchef is the editor! Rather him than me.

I'm excited about the new episode of Misfits (I love Nathan - I know I shouldn't, but I do), but not excited enough to stay up to watch it. I have a grand plan to get a proper night's sleep tonight, whether Stieg Larsson lets me or not!

Right, time to go and do something useful.

1 comment: