Tuesday 9 November 2010

Day 2 behind the paywall

... and I'm still enjoying myself. Kept busy today, plenty of archiving and also made a (very rushed) list of Upcoming Law Events from the internet, and transcribed an interview. It's amazing how fast time passes when you're not in subbing!

I wore my boots again, and my crochet-front checked dress (most successful internet buy yet), which even garnered a compliment! I counted four Breton-striped shirts in the office today, which may tell you something about the interpretations of Smart Casual when it comes to journalists. If I had one, I would be tempted to join the sisterhood, but I'll be sticking to my outfit plan for this week (less a plan, really, more a collection of the only leg-coverings I have that aren't jeans and things that look respectable with them). I may, however, grow more adventurous in the eyeshadow department. You have been warned!

I had lunch with The Godmother and two of her friends in the rather swanky canteen, and later W brought me some sort of pastry thing (apparently Portuguese) at my desk (yes, I have a desk. And a phone. I know!) which was lovely. I never thought the main issue on Work Experience Week would be overeating!

Excitingly, I may also (fingers crossed) be going on an expedition on Friday with one of the very kind people from the section I'm working at to do some interviews out beyond the boundaries of London (do such places exist? My life before here seems as if a dream...), but I won't say who or where in case a Competitor reads this and steals the idea (you have to be constantly on your guard in Journalism).

In other news, I need a haircut. To a somewhat distracting degree. I think I am finally going to have to cheat on my hairdresser, and find somewhere cheap here. It's not an easy decision, but I have needs! (Londoners! Is there anywhere cheap here?)

Today was Bloody Cold (that is the official term, ask any weatherman). I may need to go back to Uniqlo in search of Japan Technology to keep my knees warm.

Time for bed, as I am still a commuter even though my destination is different this week!

No comments:

Post a Comment