Saturday 25 June 2011

Last taste of freedom

OK, I'm being melodramatic. But I can't help but remember that my next day off is next Saturday, which is a whole week away! Whinge, wine, complain, as my mother would say. 

I have been using my time productively to make up for this, though! Firstly, I had a bit of a tidy of my wardrobe:

Please don't judge me for my folding skills
In theory, I should now be able to easily access all my most frequently-worn clothes when I'm in a hurry in the morning. Whether this will make deciding what to wear any easier remains to be seen.

I've become slightly obsessed with knitwear recently, which was the weather's cue to turn tropical. The last couple of days have been really warm and muggy, and apparently it's going to get to 32 degrees in London on Monday. Makes me want to sit in a paddling pool eating ice cream. Sitting in an office doing spreadsheets is a poor alternative.

On the work front, I am considering a career change. Don't you think I'd make an awesome lumberjack?


Excuse the unbrushed hair and lack of makeup. Let's pretend it's intentional and I'm going for a grunge vibe

I got this awesome shirt from H&M for £5, and the necklace (which, you might just be able to make out, has an owl dangling from a branch) from Claire's for £1. They're both having sales of pretty cool stuff for pretty stupid prices, but I'm not complaining!

In other news, I need a haircut.

Also productively, I stocked up on toiletries today:

In all their shiny glory
Trying out a new shampoo because it smelled nice. This is pretty much my rational for every toiletry I buy. The spearmint lip balm keeps making me want softmints, though. 

And speaking of spearmint:

Look at all that sun outside! No wonder the camera didn't want to focus on my hand
An exciting nail polish. I think it's Miss Sporty, I got it ages ago and it's been sitting there staring at me while I've been waiting for my nails to recover. I'm going to be more circumspect with the nail-polishing this time.

Right, that's about enough babbling from me. I will try to blog in reaction to all the busyness this week, let's see how it goes!

Goodnight!

1 comment: