Thursday 7 October 2010

Rambling in Bedfordshire

I visited the Old Bailey today for Journalism School. It was actually really interesting. More people should go! It feels a bit like being an extra in a courtroom drama, and some of the things you hear are fascinating. 

In other news, it was a surprisingly warm and sunny day today. People kept saying this meant it would be a dreadful winter. It's a bit of a Britishness benchmark, complaining about weather that hasn't even happened yet. Someone should tell the people who write the citizenship exams.

I'll be learning shorthand all afternoon tomorrow! Actually, I rather enjoy it (although smaller doses would be preferable) - it's like doing word puzzles with a room full of people, against the clock. Possibly such events already exist, but I suspect only old people go to them. 

That's kind of it. (And maybe even a proper here's-what's-going-on-in-my-life blog post!) Very tired, suddenly. It's probably sitting in bed that's done it. I'll try to find another exciting song to share soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment