Friday 8 October 2010

Further Things

Firstly, I read on the news about 5 minutes ago that Johnny Depp is in town and visited a school after a little girl (who looks alarmingly like I used to at that age) wrote him a letter. All very exciting and (I'm being a touch cynical here) very good PR. I didn't even know there was going to be a new PotC movie. Actually it sounds like it'll be pretty good, as neither Keira Knightly nor Orlando Bloom seems to be appearing in it. But I'm most impressed that Depp decided to visit those kids in character. They do say you should never work with children or animals, and from the looks of some of the schoolkids I've seen on my wanderings, he may well have been facing a mixture of both. I wonder if he'd come and do a talk at Journalism School...

In other news, I'm very full. Went to the trouble of cooking a proper meal this evening and it was definitely worth it. I hadn't realised how much I've missed cooking. I don't think I could become an all-out food blogger like Superchef (I've decided to give people I know code names, mostly for the hell of it. Superchef is lovely, and better at shorthand than me! (and yes, he deserves the name - I've tried his biscotti)), mostly because it's hard enough work making myself post general ramblings (although I'll take this moment to celebrate - I haven't missed a day yet! I'm better at this than facebook) without having to cook themed meals every evening. Also, fun as experimental cooking can be, the washing up tends to be nightmarish.

(What did I make, you ask? (Well, ok, you don't, but I'm going to tell you anyway!) Panfried lemon chicken with herby oven roasted vegetables and basmati rice. (I've been reading recipe magazines all evening, can you tell?))

Another Exciting Thing today was rediscovering commuting in headphones. Blasted my favourite playlist for the whole hour-and-a-half journey in today, and felt really good when I arrived. The fact that the sun was blazing down on me may have been another factor. I really am a heat person. (This is probably not the scientific term for it, but it's true! In winter I'm sluggish, moodier, need more sleep and suffer from freezing hands and feet (although it's fair to say I'm not the one who suffers most), whereas when the mercury passes about 30 I feel much more relaxed, my brain works better, I'm notably more enthusiastic about just about everything, and I tend to lose weight much more quickly (not that I've ever been on a real diet in my life - I'm much too lazy). So there you have it - random facts about my preference of temperature. I know, I'm like an octogenarian.)

I'd probably better go to bed now, as I'm meeting Jumanji (man, she'll be maaaad if she reads this) tomorrow to go and look at lots of shoes, hopefully. Will report back tomorrow.

'Night!

1 comment:

  1. I've just read this all and I'm NOT HAPPY. Jumanji x

    ReplyDelete