Sunday 17 July 2011

Quick update

So… that didn’t go very well. I know I said I was going to try to blog more and better, but then life happened.
The boyf is in town, back from his tour of Vietnam, Cambodia, Laos and Thailand (possibly not in that order), and we are staying in the flat, without internet.
I spent most of Friday being as efficient as possible in the face of my imminent holiday, visiting the doctor (I’m officially unusually bendy. That is, I have hypermobility, which apparently boils down to a few party tricks and no high heels for me ever again), getting my hair cut (my fringe was more intensely negotiated than my actual holiday plans) and trying to spend money on only sensible things. Guess how well that went!
On Friday evening, I met up with the boyf (who was shattered, having flown halfway round the world and lugged a giant backpack into central London) and we went for supper at somewhere called a Spaghetti House or something. The meal was a bit of a blur due to mutual tiredness, but I did manage to break a glass and cover my handbag in cranberry juice.
Yesterday we met up with Percy for highjinks, more shopping (I am now the proud owner of a new coat! Don’t start about it being July, the weather this weekend has made me very glad of it) and general hanging out. It rained pretty heavily, which had the helpful side effect of washing all the juice off my bag! Percy came back to the flat with us for carbonara and standing on the balcony.
Today, I have been at work, watching torrential rain on the windows and Rebekha Brooks’ arrest on the TVs. I am going to meet the boyf to go and meet Whizzkid quite soon. This has been a bit of a busy week!
We’ll be back in Woking tomorrow, so hopefully there will be time for a bit more blogging then before we head off to Dublin!

No comments:

Post a Comment